Development Applications

This page may be used as a tool to identify who a resident must contact for a particular type of planning application.

The County of Elgin is the Approval Authority for Official Plans, Official Plan Amendments and Plans of Subdivision/Condominium. Online application and approval forms are available as well as an Applicant’s Guide for Subdivision/Condominium. Elgin County is also a commenting agency for local applications such as zoning by-law amendments, consents, minor variances and site plans. (The application process is funded through user fees as set out in County of Elgin By-Law 13- 10)

Plans of Subdivision/Condominium
Elgin County is the Approval Authority for Plans of Subdivision and Condominium Descriptions. More information about how to apply for a Plan of Subdivision or a Plan of Condominium is available at the following links Applicant’s GuideThis is a pdf and Application FormThis is a pdf.
Local Municipal Official Plan Amendment
The County of Elgin is the Approval Authority for local municipal Official Plans and Official Plan Amendments. Applications for local municipal Official Plan Amendments are submitted to the local municipality and if adopted by the local municipal Council, the Official Plan Amendment is forwarded to the County for a decision. In the course of preparing the Official Plan and/or Amendment the local municipality is required to consult with the Approval Authority in accordance with Section 17 (15) of the Planning Act.
County Official Plan Amendment
Applications to amend the Elgin County Official Plan are made directly to the County. Applicants are advised to consult with the Planning Department before submitting an application. Applications forms are available through the County Planning Department.
Who Should I Contact?

If you are considering making an application which requires planning approvals, it is recommended that you start by contacting the appropriate municipal office as follows:

Application Contact
Plan of Subdivision County of Elgin
Plan of Condominium County of Elgin
County Official Plan Amendment County of Elgin
Local Municipal Official Plan Amendment Local Municipality
Zoning By-Law Amendment Local Municipality
Building Permit Local Municipality
Site Plan Local Municipality
Minor Variance Local Municipality
Consent (severance) Local Municipality/ Elgin County
Land Division Committee

summer at central elgin

Powered by CivicWeb CMS - © Copyright 2013 iCompass Technologies Inc.